Meet Dr. Bernard Kopchinski
Meet Our Plastic Surgeon Dr. Bernard Kopchinski & Staff
Dr. Kopchinski specializes in facial rejuvenation, breast surgery, and body contouring. He has extensive experience in corrective surgery after previous cosmetic procedures, the “mommy makeover”, and post-bariatric surgery. Dr. Kopchinski understands that surgery may not be the right answer for your concerns, and he has based his practice on a simple motto, “Right patient, Right time, Right operation”.
Recently retired from the Army, his career with the Armed Forces spanned almost 30 years. Starting in the enlisted ranks, he later served as a Special Forces Medic. Following years of service in the Special Forces, Dr. Kopchinski attended medical school at the Uniformed Services University. After completing his General Surgery residency at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, he was an attending surgeon at the nationally recognized US Army Institute of Surgical Research Burn Center in San Antonio, Texas. He went on to study plastic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina, where he gained extensive experience in both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. He retired from his military career as an attending surgeon in the Plastic Surgery Division at the San Antonio Military Medical Center in 2012, and has been helping members of his San Antonio community achieve their cosmetic goals in a safe, friendly, and experienced environment since then.
Dr. Kopchinski is a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, San Antonio International Society of Plastic Surgeons, and American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has authored several articles and a book chapter, and has spent many years training young surgeons and medical students. He is listed in the Guide to America’s Top Surgeons, a Health Grades Recognized Doctor, and a recipient of the Patient’s Choice Award (2008-2018), 2016 Vitals On-time Doctor Award, 2018 America's Most Honored Professionals.
- Listed in the Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- Health Grades Recognized Doctor
- Vitals Patient Choice Award 2008-2018
- Vitals Most Compassionate Award 2014-2015
- America’s Most Honored Professionals Award honoree 2016
- NOMINEE for 2016 San Antonio Doctors’ Choice Awards in Plastic Surgery
- America's Most Honored Professionals 2018
- Vitals On-Time Doctor Award 2016
- San Antonio International Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Special Forces Association
- 1991: West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, Bachelors of Arts, Summa Cum Laude, Political Science and German
- 1996: Uniformed Services University, Bethesda MD, Doctorate in Medicine, May
- 1996-1997: General Surgery Intern, BAMC, FSH, TX
- 1997-2000: General Surgery Resident, WBAMC, Ft. Bliss, TX
- 2000-2001: Chief Resident General Surgery, WBAMC, Ft. Bliss, TX
- 2003-2005: Plastic Surgery Fellow, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- 1982-1988: US Army, Special Forces Medic, 1/10 SFG Airborne
- 1989-1992: West Virginia National Guard, Special Forces Medic, 19th SFG Airborne
- 2001-2003: Attending Surgeon Institute of Surgical Research, BAMC, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- 2005-2012: Attending Surgeon, Div. of Plastic Surgery, BAMC, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- 2012-current: Owner, Plastic Surgeon, Prestige Cosmetic Surgery, San Antonio, TX
Reviews About Dr. Bernard Kopchinski
I just had my procedure 4 weeks ago, which means I'm not yet fully healed but I love love love what I'm seeing in the mirrorView On Google
Dr.K fit me into his busy schedule and is so positive and knowledgeable! Dr. K made me feel welcomed as well as his staff. Everytime I call they make me feel like a priority and I feel I made a great choice coming to him!View On Google
Dr. Bernard Kopchinski
Dr. Bernard Kopchinski is a board certified Plastic Surgeon practicing in San Antonio Texas. His philosophy centers around forming a lasting relationship and treating every patient as he would a friend or family member. He has based his practice on a simple motto, “Right patient, Right time, Right operation”.
Receptionist / Surgery Scheduler
Ronda has been with Dr. Kopchinski since he opened his doors in 2012. As the Receptionist and Surgery Scheduler, Ronda is the first person you will speak with on the phone and the first friendly smiling face to greet you when you arrive at our clinic. She is responsible for providing a pleasant experience for all patients.
Patient Care Coordinator
Keri was born and raised in New Braunfels, Texas. After receiving her degree in Applied Science and Medical/Business and Marketing. Keri has been in the industry of Plastic Surgery for 20 years. She has worked for the Baptist Health System, Symbion Healthcare alongside many plastic surgeons in an out patient surgery center and office settings. Keri is a loving wife to her wonderful husband Adrian and mom to her 3 children Logan 23, Dominic 17 and Brielle 5 years old. In her spare time she enjoys volunteering in her church working with the youth of her parish. She loves spending time with family and friends, exploring the outdoors, hiking, playing golf, swimming and tennis. She also has a passion for helping those in need in her community by serving food at the Catholic Worker House, and volunteering and helping families and saving babies through Allied Woman’s Center.