Dr. Bernard Kopchinski is a board certified Plastic Surgeon practicing in San Antonio Texas. His philosophy centers around forming a lasting relationship and treating every patient as he would a friend or family member. Dr. Kopchinski will listen to your concerns, discuss your options, and together design a course of treatment for you. After surgery patients are given his personal phone number. He understands that access to your surgeon postoperatively is an important aspect in choosing a surgeon.
Dr. Kopchinski specializes in facial rejuvenation, breast surgery, and body contouring. He has extensive experience in corrective surgery after previous cosmetic procedures, the “mommy makeover” and post bariatric surgery. Dr. Kopchinski understands that surgery may not be the right answer for your concerns. He has based his practice on a simple motto, “Right patient, Right time, Right operation”.
Recently retired from the Army his career spanned almost 30 years. Starting in the enlisted ranks he served in the Special Forces as a medic. Dr. Kopchinski attended medical school at the Uniformed Services University. After completing General Surgery at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso Texas he was an attending surgeon at the US Army Burn Institute in San Antonio Texas. He studied plastic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina where he gained extensive experience in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. His military career ended as an attending surgeon in the Plastic Surgery Division at the San Antonio Military Medical Center.
Dr. Kopchinski is a member of the Bexar County Medical Society, Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, San Antonio International Society of Plastic Surgeons, Texas Medical Association, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has authored several articles and a book chapter, and has spent many years training young surgeons and medical students. He is listed in the Guide to America’s Top Surgeons, a Health Grades Recognized Doctor and a recipient of the Patient’s Choice Award (2008-2013).
- Listed in the Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- Health Grades Recognized Doctor
- Vitals Patient Choice Award 2008-2016
- Vitals Most Compassionate Award 2014-2015
- 2016 America’s Most Honored Professionals Award honoree
- NOMINEE for 2016 San Antonio Doctors’ Choice Awards in Plastic Surgery
- San Antonio International Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Bexar County Medical Society
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Special Forces Association
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, Bachelors of Arts, Summa Cum Laude, Political Science and German, December 1991
- Uniformed Services University, Bethesda MD Doctorate in Medicine May 1996
- General Surgery Intern, BAMC, FSH, TX 1996-1997
- General Surgery Resident, WBAMC, Ft. Bliss, TX 1997-2000
- Chief Resident General Surgery, WBAMC, Ft. Bliss, TX 2000-2001
- Plastic Surgery Fellow, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 2003-2005
- 1982-1988: US Army, Special Forces Medic, 1/10 SFG Airborne
- 1989-1992: West Virginia National Guard, Special Forces Medic, 19th SFG Airborne
- 2001-2003: Attending Surgeon Institute of Surgical Research, BAMC, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- 2005-2012: Attending Surgeon, Div. of Plastic Surgery, BAMC, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- 2012-current: Owner, Plastic Surgeon, Prestige Cosmetic Surgery, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Bernard Kopchinski
Dr. Bernard Kopchinski is a board certified Plastic Surgeon practicing in San Antonio Texas. His philosophy centers around forming a lasting relationship and treating every patient as he would a friend or family member.
Lynn provides patient education, financial counseling and coordination of all preoperative needs to ensure a pleasant experience. Lynn graduated from Washington State University in 2006 with a Bachelors of Science in Psychology.
Receptionist / Surgery Scheduler
As the Receptionist, Ronda is the first person you will speak with on the phone and the first friendly smiling face to greet you when you arrive at our clinic. She is responsible for providing a pleasant experience for all patients.
Patient Care Coordinator
Sherrie has been in the Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Industry for over 12 years. Sherrie serves as the patient liason and advocate. It is her goal to make sure each patient feels comfortable, informed and educated each step of the way. She truly enjoys her job and cares for each patient individually, building lasting relationships with many of them!