While bariatric surgery can help you achieve major weight loss, patients often develop loose, sagging skin. This can be disappointing and detract from your accomplishment. However, undergoing post-bariatric body contouring can help you achieve your goals of an attractive, more proportionate figure. Dr. Bernard Kopchinski is a board-certified surgeon in San Antonio, TX, who is genuinely invested in patients' well-being. Applying a personalized approach to every procedure, he has helped many patients improve their appearance with results they can feel proud of.
Is Body Contouring Right for Me?
If you are generally healthy and have achieved your weight loss goals but are uncomfortable with excess skin and fat, body contouring may be an effective solution for you. Often, patients experience sagging in certain areas such as:
- Upper arms
- Abdominal area
Undergoing body contouring can tighten these areas for a more athletic appearance. However, it is important that you at a stable weight prior to treatment because weight fluctuations could impact your results.
Excess tissue after massive weight loss can detract from your accomplishment, but body contouring can reveal a more proportionate figure.
If you have not undergone bariatric surgery but are interested in learning more about your candidacy, Dr. Kopchinski works with the Bariatric Medical Institute (BMI) of Texas and can help coordinate your treatment.
Planning Your TreatmentPost-bariatric body contouring can include several types of procedures that are specifically designed to treat areas with sagging skin or stubborn fat. Every patient's treatment plan is customized to their needs for the effects that create the most flattering figure. Typically, this process can be completed in one to two surgical sessions. Your body contouring may include:
- During treatment, a special tool known as a cannula will be inserted to break up and remove stubborn fat deposits. Liposuction is often incorporated into other body contouring procedures.
- Tummy Tuck
- If you desire a more toned midsection, a tummy tuck can be performed to remove excess skin and fat while also repairing damaged abdominal muscles and slimming your figure.
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- A Brazilian butt lift can create a curvier and perkier posterior that compliments your proportions. Your own fat will be used from another area of the body to create your desired shape and size. However, this procedure is not designed to eliminate sagging so it is typically paired with another surgery.
- Male Breast Reduction
- Many male bariatric surgery patients develop gynecomastia, a condition where excess fat creates a protruding breast. Removing fat and tissue can help create a more masculine physique.
- Arm Lift
- Loose skin often accumulates on the underside of the upper arms and can be nearly impossible to address with a healthy lifestyle. The doctor can remove excess skin to minimize this concern.
- Thigh Lift
- The upper thighs can be especially difficult to target with exercise. This procedure can remove excess fat and skin from both the outer and inner thighs.